Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Love, Always



My parents were married December 27, 1951 and my dad left on Jan. 2, 1952 to fight in the Korean War. They are both in Heaven now but I always get joy from looking at the love letters they wrote to each other while he was gone to war. They both always ended their letters the same, "Love Always" and they did. My mom died in 1981 of cancer and my dad never got over losing her. He died in 2003 and we all agreed that finally he was happy again because he was with her. I have preserved those letters in a scrapbook and I know I am going to cry every time I get them out but sometimes I just need to see them.




I knew as soon as the stamp set "Always" came out that I had to have it but I haven't used it near enough. The hearts on this card are from that set and I love all the detail they already have but I added some white with my gel pen to jazz them a little more.

No comments: