Friday, November 18, 2016

Lip Balm Holders


I get a lot of request for directions on these little lip balm holders so I thought I would write up the directions.  The main part is from the retired Two Tags Die but you could easily cut just the paper and add a decorative edge to the tops and fold it to form the bottom.  One of the die cuts from this die measure 4 x 2 3/4 and are scored at 1 3/4 from the bottom edge.  I cut  two of them and glued them together at the score lines.

 
The part that holds the lip balm measures 2 x 3 1/8 and is scored at 5/8,1 1/4,1 7/8, and 2 1/2 and then glued into the center of the two die cuts.

Just in case you are interested, I do these dress boxes in most of the Disney princesses for birthday parties as well as wedding dresses for weddings.  They have a small box built in which could hold small favors such as jewelry or candy.  I ship them flat but they are easily formed.







 
Here is the original one I made a few years ago.  If you have further questions, let me know.  thanks for stopping by!

No comments: