Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Scallop Bag Santa



Wow, the past two days have been super busy. A big thank you to Jayne and Clara for the "parties from afar" . They decided to take me up on my offer to have a SU workshop even though they don't live close enough to me for me to attend. I prepped three projects and mailed them to them and they will do the projects with their guest and take the orders. They will also get the benefits of a regular party plus all the extra goodies I throw in such as a half priced item from the Holiday Mini. I mailed Jayne's yesterday and Clara's today. I have also been busy, busy making swaps for the Regional SU event in Cincinnati this weekend. I am making 100 swaps and have 75 completed, YEA!


On to my project for today, a cute Santa made from the Scallop bag die. I cut it out in white and added red panels to front and back, for the beard I added an extra scallop from a scallop punch, cut between the scallops to make it look curly and sponged the edges. The eyes and nose are punches and the hat is something I found in my stash of clearanced Christmas craft items. The belt loop is from Hodgepodge Hardware. I added a small piece of Velcro underneath the beard. The inspiration for this project came from a fellow demonstrator, RayChell Slayton, but of course I had to change it up a little.

No comments: