Thursday, January 6, 2011

Springtime

Good morning!  I saw this card and stopped immediately and copied it.  I absolutely love how this turned out.  We have lived all over the southern USA over the last 30 years but my favorite place in Springtime was Big Stone Gap, Virginia.  We lived on a beautiful farm there and there were Dogwood trees everywhere.  In fact the main street there was lined with them and people drove there from everywhere just to look at the beautiful blooms.  I planted pink Dogwood trees all long our driveway.  So, that is what drew me to this stamp set, Easter Blossoms.  I also used the new embossing folder, Framed Tulips, available in the Occasions mini.  I used Pretty in Pink for the card base, Whisper White for the panel and stamped the image with Early Espresso onto Pretty and Pink.  I used my white gel pen to color in the blossoms, added a bow of white taffeta and some peals(Just noticed one of my pearls fell off before I photographed).  Hope you like it!

1 comment:

Sassy's Ramblin's said...

OOOO! I So love pink....and with this cold I think I am ready for some spring! ;-)