Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Birthday Wishes

Good evening!  Today I have a birthday card using some Love Letter and News Print DSP which are both retired.  I am trying to use up some of the papers from the last catalog to make room for the new ones. My mom used to make us pinwheels out of old newspaper so  I had to use the Newsprint for the pinwheel on this card. My mom had such a unique way of taking next to nothing and entertaining us for the whole day.  She used to cut us paper dolls from grocery sacks and we would color their faces and add clothes from pages of magazines.  I actually tried this with my girls once and they were all excited about it while we were making it but the excitement only lasted a little while and  then they were off to play with Barbies.  I guess those were the "good ole days" and good they were!

1 comment:

Scavenger Hunt said...

Would love to receive this gorgeous card for my birthday!