Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Quilted Flower

good evening! I have had a productive day, not necessarily stamping but something else I really enjoy. Our church is having a community Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow and plan on serving 700 meals. Today we started cooking, I worked on the dressing, we cut onions, celery and bread crumbs. I don't know how many bags of onions and celery but I know we diced up 52 loaves of sandwich bread for the dressing. We will put it together in the morning and start cooking at 7:00. This is a ministry which I love participating in, I know what hunger feels like having experienced it as a child and I know what this meal will mean to so many. I also know that it is something that is very pleasing to God.

Ok, I do have a project that isn't quite finished but I am excited about it anyway. This is a flower cut using the Flower Fold die which I cut using fabric. First off let me say that I do not sew, but it is something I really want to learn to do. These were easy sewing except I had a hard time with the rounded part of the petals, but with more practice they should start to look better. I plan to use the flowers as hair bows, to tie on packages, and as brooches. The sandwich for the Big Shot was standard cutting plate, die, fabric, batting, fabric, standard cutting plate, and a 6x12 piece of card stock on top of the second cutting plate. I also used a basting spray on both pieces of fabric to keep it from slipping while I sewed it. I love how these turned out and went to the fabric store yesterday and bought way too much fabric so get ready to see some more!

No comments: