Saturday, December 6, 2008

Twelve Days of Christmas













I love everything about Christmas, the music, the smells, the taste, the colors, the hustle and bustle, and best of all the giving spirit at this time of year and I don't mean just material things. After all , the greatest gift ever given was Jesus. I encourage everyone who celebrates that first gift to give a gift of time to someone this Christmas Season, you will be glad you did!





Now, let me tell you about a gift I got yesterday from my dear friend Sharon. She brought me the cutest fridge magnet with my first 2009 calendar on it as well as a monogrammed notebook. She made 20 calendars for friends (here is an example of time being given as part of a gift--I really appreciate the time she spent making these). I chose one with blue in it since my kitchen is blue. Thanks Sharon. Here is a picture {I struggle with photography as you can tell}.



Now, on to the project for today. I buy a lot of gift cards for Christmas gifts and I want to share a gift card holder today. I used the Top Note die and the Big Shot for this project. I cut a piece of Real Red card stock to 4 3/4 by 8 1/2 and scored and folded the 8 1/2 side at 4 1/4. I placed the fold just below the cutting edge and cut. This gave me the card part. Next I cut a white top note and cut the top portion and the bottom portion off. I used one of these pieces on the inside to form the pocket to hold the gift card, and the middle section was glued on the front as an accent.
The snowflakes are rub ons from the Word Flurries set.



No comments: