Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wonderful Aunt


Is there a lady in your life who has been as close to you as a mother? If there is don't forget her on Mother's Day! My mother died when I was 24, just a few months after I had given birth to my second child and I needed someone I could turn to for advice, to complain to, to just go to for all the things Moms do. That person was my husband's sister, Aunt Dolly. She and my mom were about the same age and since my kids called her Aunt Dolly that's what I always called her too. I made this card for her.

I used the scallop circle Sizzix die. I folded my card stock and placed the fold just about 1/8 inch below the cutting edge so that I cut a full card with a small fold at the top. To cover the flat edge at the top, I cut another scallop circle and cut the center out and glued it on the card. I just love my Daisy die, can you tell?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

so pretty, great card

Becky said...

This card is wonderful :), love this flower, isn't your aunt blessed to have some one thoughtful as you.

Jacquel said...

This is really cute and I like the colors you used! tfs!!!