Friday, March 23, 2012

Flip Flop Time




Good afternoon!  I wanted to repost this project that I made a couple years ago, here is a link to the original post.  I have had the most visits to my blog about these than any other project I have done as well as selling at least 6 of the dies.  I made the daisy embellishments with the Daisy #2 die. I used foam for these but I have made some with felt and  with fabric which turned out very cute as well.  The foam ends up being rather thick with the layers so you will need a long brad to fasten them together( there isn't enough room on the flip flop to put the brad through it so you will have to glue it to the shoe  either hot glue or cement glue works best).  I also cut out a circle of  foam and adhere it underneath to keep the brad from rubbing the foot and to give more room for gluing.  My Sadie is very rough on shoes and they held up to her wear and tear but the foam did get dirty mainly because she loves to run on the play ground so all her shoes are dirty when she comes home from school.  Hope this helps, let me know if you have further questions.  Let me know if you make them and how they turn out.  I recently had someone tell me they made them for an outdoor Summer wedding for the bridesmaids and they here a huge hit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Flip Flops to match outfits are da bomb!