Friday, October 9, 2009

MTSC #42 Warmth & Love


Good morning! Last night I worked on a set of Christmas cards using the DP, Holiday Lounge. For this card, I used a sketch challenge which is something I need to be often because a lot of the work is done for you. This one was Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge # 42 which can be found here: http://lordhavemercy-mercykerin.blogspot.com/2009/10/mercys-tuesday-sketch-challenge-42.html.


To be honest when I saw this paper in the catalog I thought that is not for me but I ordered it anyway since I needed Christmas paper. Last night was the first time I had looked at it and I have to say I love it! It has rich, elegant colors along with more subdued colors and in combination they are beautiful. I don't know if you can see but the red circle is embossed using the Perfect Details embossing plate on page 195 of the SU catalog. I added pearls to make it pop a little more. The sentiment is from the Merry & Bright rub-ons in the Holiday Mini. No stamping at all on this card but I really like how it turned out

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sandy...this is so pretty! what a great color combo and dp...i love the shapes of your panels, too!

thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week...you've done an amazing job! :)

{{{hugs}}}
mercy